It’s Carole’s birthday soon. So she’s having a party just a little bit before then. Before she gets too old for that sort of thing. Please don’t bring any gifts, just yourselves. Oh, and Carole does know about this.
When – 16th-18th November
Where – Stucktaymore House, on the shores of Loch Tay near Killin
There will be 27 of us.
The house is on the road north of Loch Tay running between Kenmore and Killin. It’s only 2.7 miles from Killin. For SatNav, the postcode is FK21 8TX. This just gets you close to the house. The house is on the loch side of the road. Look out for the gates when you get in the zone.
The house has gates with a keypad. Someone will open the gate for you. If there’s nobody there come over to the house.
Friday 16th November
- Arrive at the house any time from 4pm
- Bedrooms are allocated in advance and can’t be switched (otherwise we can’t fit everybody in)
- An informal meal will be at 7pm on Friday evening, with a veggie option. There will be left-overs available for later arrivers.
- Snacks will be available
- Friday evening – relaxing in Stucktaymore and getting to know the house
Saturday 17th November
Your day is free until 5:30pm. It’s up to you whether you relax and watch the world go by, use the hot tub, go for a walk, play golf, play pool in the games room, or rush up the nearest hill.
- 5:30pm drinks in the lounge
- 6:30pm dinner by Mark Heirs served in the dining room
- 8:30pm after dinner – it’s up to you – dancing in the disco room or chilling in the snug
- Retire whenever you like – or sit till the wee hours drinking whisky
Sunday 18th November
- Lazy Sunday morning breakfast
- Light lunch or brunch for those who need it
- Before 3pm depart for home
How it Works
We are self-catering, apart from dinner on Saturday. You need to be prepared to muck in. If you want a bacon sandwich then all the facilities are there. Just remember to put the plates in the dishwasher. There are five dishwashers including a catering glass washer.
We will supply basic food.
- Breakfast, orange juice, a selection of breakfast cereals, bread for toast, butter, jams, marmalade, bacon, sausages and eggs
- Tea and coffee making equipment. There will be tea bags, sugar, coffee, and milk
- Lunch, bread for sandwiches, cheese, ham, tomatoes, salad leaves, mayonnaise
- Snacks – crisps, nuts, and other maize-based alternatives
The catch is – you have to make your own.
There won’t be anyone cleaning up after us as we go – so putting glasses in the dishwasher, lifting empty plates and bowls, wiping surfaces etc all comes with the territory.
We will supply plenty
- Red wine
- White wine
You need to bring your preferred tipple
What you don’t need to bring
- The house is fully equipped for towels and linen
- There is broadband, but please don’t rely on it for submitting your dissertation
- No dogs, please
What you need to bring
- Outdoor shoes if you want to head out and about
- Clothing suitable for November in the Scottish Highlands
- A swimming costume and a robe if you are brave enough to use the hot tub
- Golf clubs if you want to arrange a round at Killin
- The house uses Sonos. You may want to download the app for your device before you travel if you want to play music.
- Any special food needs. If you can’t live without bagels, just bring some.
- Your preferred tipple
Confirmed Guest List
- Carole & Colin Wilson
- Jonathan Wilson
- Andrew Wilson & Lauren MacFadyen
- Ross Wilson & Bea Edwards
- Miss Hannah Wilson and Miss Isla Smith
- Craig & Jacqueline Wilson
- Rachael Wilson
- Carol Wilson
- Nanette Wilson
- Elizabeth Boyle
- Nancy Boland
- Ilean McLean
- John & Lorraine Skeffington
- Mark Skeffington
- Maureen Skeffington Chalmers
- Monica & Stephen Holmes
- David & Laura McFall
- Debbie & Jonny Lynch