- 1 average celeriac (about 450g)
- Lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp double cream or creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Prepare a working bowl and juice half the lemon into the bowl
- Cut the celeriac into matchstick-thin pieces. I use a mandolin for this. Immediately put the cut pieces into the lemon juice to prevent them browning, and the acid in the lemon will start “cooking” the celeriac.
- Simply mix the remaining ingredients (mayonnaise etc) into another serving bowl to create a thinking liquid a bit like unwhipped double cream.
- Now gently fold the celeriac with some seasoning into the creamy liquid.
- Leave it for 30 minutes to become ready.
Serve the celeriac remoulade as an accompaniment to cold cooked ham or other cold meats.