Eggs Kejriwal is a simple and delicious Indian spicy cheese on toast with eggs. What’s not to like. Great for finally making up some of that little yellow carton of English Mustard you’ve got lurking in the cupboard.
- 2 slices of decent bread (I use our homemade crusty loaf) cut about 1-1.5cm thick
- Colman’s mustard, enough to spread a thin layer on your toasted bread (make up the mustard from the powder per the instructions, best if done 10 minutes in advance to let the flavour develop.)
- Chillies, thinly sliced. Your preferred type. As many as you like. Hot is good but remember the mustard is fiery too.
- 1 Spring onion, thinly sliced, leave this out if you like it simpler
- 100g mature cheddar
- 25g butter
- 1 fresh egg
- Pepper and coriander for garnish
- Make up your mustard
- Warm a plate, preheat the grill, and melt the butter gently in a small frying pan
- Grate the cheese into a bowl and mix with the chillies and spring onion
- Toast the bread lightly on both sides
- Spread a thin layer of mustard over your toast
- Top the that with the cheese and put under the grill till bubbling
- Meanwhile, crack the egg into the frying pan. Aim for a crisp-edged white and golden soft yolk
- Place the cooked egg on top of the toast, sprinkling it with coriander and grated pepper.